[Djigzo users] Possible Djigzo configuration

Martijn Brinkers martijn at djigzo.com
Tue Nov 22 21:09:05 CET 2011

Hi Pascal,

On 11/22/2011 07:03 PM, Pascal Halter wrote:
> I want to setup Djigzo in my network. At the moment I have the following
> configuration:
>
> 5 eMail Clients <---> 5 Mailboxes at a Webhoster <---> External Mailserver
>
> I have 5 eMail clients in an intern network which is connected to the
> internet. Each mail-client uses one mailbox at the webhoster. The mail
> addresses on the webhoster are all of the same domain (aaa at xyz.com,
> bbb at xyz.com, ...). Now I want to integrate Djigzo to communicate
> encrypted with extern users, but I want to use the mailboxes at the
> webhoster furthermore:
>
> 5 eMail Clients <---> Djigzo <---> 5 Mailboxes at a Webhoster <--->
> External Mailserver
>
> Djigzo will run in the intern network (with dynamic internet IP).
> Incoming mails will be fetched by Djigzo (with fetchmail) from the
> mailboxes at the webhoster, will be decrypted and stored in
> Djigzo-Postfix Mailboxes until the intern mail-clients will fetch them
> (I will use dovecat on Djigzo-Gateway). Outgoing mails will be delivered
> by the intern mail clients to Djigzo, which encrypts them. Then Djigzo
> has to send them over the mailserver of the webhoster.
> So I have to configure the mailserver of the webhoster as external relay
> host. But my problem is, how to configure the SASL passwords for each of
> the 5 users. I can configure only one SASL password per mailserver.
>
> Generally, is my configuration possible with Djigzo?
> How is it possible, to configure SASL passwords for all my users in Djigzo?

Djigzo uses Postfix for the MTA. Although I haven't tested this, it
should be possible to setup Postfix to use different credentials per
sender.

See:
http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#client_sasl_sender

This however cannot be setup via the Web gui so you need to configure
this from the command line.

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers