[Djigzo users] bucardo swap master to master sync: must specify a primary key

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Wed Apr 20 12:38:45 CEST 2011

Zitat von Martijn Brinkers <martijn at djigzo.com>:

> Interesting. I will check whether I can add the primary keys. Right now
> the SQL schema is generated by Hibernate. I need to add these just after
> the schema is generated.
>
> It's the first time I read about bucardo and it's interesting because
> they say it can work as multi-master. Do you have it running or are you
> still experimenting? is it reliable?

At least its listed here:
http://www.postgresql.org/download/products/3

But i doubt that high transaction rates are suitable for full
master-master replication. Maybe it would be possible to create a
application specific replication. Use Triggers (insert/modify/delete)
to syncronise certificates/keys and user<->certificate settings only,
with certificate thumbprint as cluster wide unique ID. With this you
have the possibility to simply ignore conflicting updates/inserts
because at this point they don't matter anyway. It would be much
simpler by leaving out the potential complex relationships of the
rules section and the operater would have the choice to use different
setups for different mailflows and still have the benefit of central
certificate collection.

But these are just some random thoughts...

Regards

Andreas