[Djigzo users] Problems with upgrading from 1.4.1 to 2.0.1

Martijn Brinkers martijn at djigzo.com
Thu Apr 7 08:19:44 CEST 2011

On 04/07/2011 01:33 AM, Ronald Nissley wrote:
> I tried to upgrade a working install of Djigzo 1.4.1 to Djigzo 2.0.1 on
> CentOS 5.5, with the following steps:
>
> 1) downloaded djigzo-2.0.1-0.noarch.rpm and djigzo-web-2.0.1-0.noarch.rpm.
> 2) yum upgrade djigzo-*
> 3) chown tomcat:djigzo /usr/share/djigzo-web/ssl/sslCertificate.p12
> 4) service tomcat5 restart
>
> Lots of errors during installation (should have redirected stdout to a
> file!)

I think the errors you mention are just warnings that certain database
tables already exist. These are just warnings and can be ignored (I will
add a note about it in the documentation)

> The installation completed, and yum indicates Djigzo 2.0.1 is installed.
>
> If I try to login the web application, I see:
> Login failed
> Back-end is not running or not yet fully started up
> ...yes, I've waited...and waited.
>
> When restarting tomcat, I see:
>
> Stopping tomcat5:                                          [  OK  ]
> Starting tomcat5: /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jaf
> Java extension for this JVM
> /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Some detected jars were not found
> for this jvm
>                                                            [  OK  ]

[snip]

> There was an uncaught exception:

There was a change in 2.0.1 that might explain this error. Djigzo 2.0.1
no longer provides activation.jar because Djigzo now requires Java 6
which already includes the activation.jar functionality. This works on
CentOS/RedHat. What might have happened though is that the upgrade
process left a symlink to activation.jar while the jar no longer exit.
Can you try the following:

1. download activation.jar from
http://www.djigzo.com/downloads/test/activation.jar

2. move (or copy) activation.jar to /usr/share/djigzo/lib/mail

3. Restart Djigzo and Tomcat

Kind regards,

Martijn