[Djigzo users] Setup help please...

Martijn Brinkers martijn at djigzo.com
Wed Aug 4 23:25:25 CEST 2010

> Thanks for the quick response.  I'm just a little confused though.  I
> have mail.helenhayeshosp.org as one of my relay domains.  Are you saying
> that I have to add just "helenhayeshosp.org" as well?  I'm reasonably
> sure that mail.helenhayeshosp.org is correct.  If you do a ping -a it
> comes up with the correct public IP address.

mail.helenhayeshosp.org is the name (A record) of the host that receives
email for the domain helenhayeshosp.org (i.e. the MX records of the
domain helenhayeshosp.org point to mail.helenhayeshosp.org).

The relay domains however are the domains your email server accepts as
internal email. Which in your case should contain at least
helenhayeshosp.org.

Right now (when mail.helenhayeshosp.org is added to relay domains)
Djigzo only accepts email for the domain mail.helenhayeshosp.org (like
for example seraor at mail.helenhayeshosp.org) and not for helenhayeshosp.org.

I think you are mixing up the hostname of the server and the domain name
for which you receive email.

Kind regards,

Martijn