[Djigzo users] Warning: Java update and JCE unlimited strength policy files

Martijn Brinkers martijn at djigzo.com
Wed Apr 7 12:13:30 CEST 2010

 > Does this mean .deb packages are only released for the new LTS version
 > further on?? As we do not always upgrade immediately we would like to
 > see support for 8.04 LTS a little bit longer if possible. After all
 > that's the advantage of LTS...

No, I will make sure that 8.04 will be supported as long as Ubuntu will
support 8.04 (so that should be at least until 2013 I belief). I
personally use 8.04 on some of my own servers and I only upgrade if I
really have to.

What I should have said is that once the new LTS release (10.04) is out
the Virtual Appliance will probably be based on the new LTS release. Not
immediately but after some time once we know that 10.04 is stable
enough. The reason we will use the new LTS is that the new LTS will
again be supported for 5 years.

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers