[Djigzo users] Encryption and Gmail

Martijn Brinkers martijn at djigzo.com
Wed Jun 24 17:01:44 CEST 2009

Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
> Hmmm, nothing in the MPA log about my message.  I
> guess I 1) have to set sendmail to forward mail
> to Djigzo, and; 2) tell Kmail to receive mail
> from Djigzo.  Sound right?

Djigzo is an MTA and does not have a POP3/IMAP server installed. You
therefore cannot receive email with KMail from Djigzo. You should tell
Djigzo that mail for your internal domains are delivered to your mail
server that handles your POP/IMAP accounts (probably your sendmail
server). In the MTA settings you must specify the "Internal relay host".
This should point to the mail server that handles your mail boxes.

If you want your KMail to send mail through Djigzo you can either tell
KMail to send directly to Djigzo or setup your sendmail server to relay
mail through Djigzo.

So the current situation (without Djigzo)

Kmail -> sendmail -> internet

Kmail <- (pop/imap) <- sendmail <- internet

With Djigzo:

Kmail -> sendmail -> Djigzo -> internet

Kmail <- (pop/imap) <- sendmail <- Djigzo <- internet

This is the most typical setup.

Martijn