[Djigzo users] Encryption and Gmail

Martijn Brinkers martijn at djigzo.com
Wed Jun 24 15:53:38 CEST 2009

Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
> On another front, I sent an encrypted message from
> me at gamil.com to me at work.com.  I get the message,
> but Kmail said it was encrypted.  When I clicked
> on "decrypt Message", I got the following:
>
> Encrypted message (decryption not possible)
> Reason: No secret key
>
> Isn't Djigzo supposed to automatically decrypt
> messages for internal users?

The MPA log tells you how the message has been handled by Djigzo. For
example "INFO incoming" shows that the message is for an internal user
whereas "INFO external" shows you that the message is for an internal user.
If the message could not be decrypted because Djigzo did not find a
suitable private key to decrypt the message with you'll get the
following warning in the MPA log:

"WARN  A decryption key for the message could not be found."

The logs tells you what happens.

Kind regards,

Martijn