[Djigzo users] Encryption and Gmail

Martijn Brinkers martijn at djigzo.com
Tue Jun 23 17:57:51 CEST 2009

> Boy, am I keeping you busy!  Thanks for the Gmail
> How-to.

:) no problem

> When I created the Djigzo account me at gmail.com, I
> had the cert mailed there, and it arrives without
> any body text and only an attachment also named
> smime.p7m.  What am I doing wrong?

That's because you should disable encryption for the CA sender. What
happens is that the email gets sent by the CA sender (which you have
specified in the CA settings). Because by default encryption is enabled
AND a valid certificate is found the email with the pfx gets encrypted.

Even though this is explained on page 30 in the administration guide I
should explain this a bit better. Perhaps I can ask the user when the CA
sender is setup whether encryption should be disabled for the CA sender.

Page 30:

"..You should make sure that the CA email address is a valid email
address. Because the email containing the encrypted certificate is sent
by Djigzo you should make sure that the settings for the CA email user
are such that the email is not encrypted by Djigzo (i.e. set encrypt
mode of the CA user to "No Encryption")."

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers