[Djigzo users] Encryption and Gmail

Martijn Brinkers martijn at djigzo.com
Tue Jun 23 17:28:01 CEST 2009

When a message is encrypted with S/MIME the complete message (including
all attachments) is converted to an attachment with name smime.p7m. You
need a S/MIME capable email client to read the message. There is a GMail
add-on available which can be used with Firefox

You need to import the pfx into Firefox. See
http://www.djigzo.com/help/import_pfx_gmail.html for instructions on how
to use the GMail S/MIME add-on with Firefox.

If you open the email from GMail with Outlook or any other S/MIME
capable client the message will be automatically decrypted.

Kind regards,

Martijn