[Djigzo users] Windows xp does not accept the root certificate

Christine christine at christine.nl
Mon Jul 13 17:40:42 CEST 2009

Andreas,
I'm not sure what's going wrong. I sent myself a pfx file, I imported it
in Windows XP, and with mmc I can see the root certificate in the
trusted root certificates store.

You did create a CA and selected the default CA as described in the manual?

dagdag
Christine

Andreas Schubert wrote:
> hallo,
>
> first of all i have to tell you that i am not familar with handling x.509
> certificates.
>
> my problem is that windows xp does not import the self created ( with djigzo )
> root certificate into the "trusted root certificate" store.
> windows xp only import the root certificate together with the intermediate
> certificate into the "intermediate certificate" store.
> and so none of these certificates are trusted.
> i have followed the instructions in the S/MIME setup guide and have tried it
> with automatically and manualy selection of the certificate store.
> i tried it on two different xp machines.
> on my windows vista system it works.
>
> what is going wrong here?
> can i control this behavior?
>
> regards
>
> Andreas Schubert
> Dipl.-Ing. (FH)
> Leiter EDV
> Tel. +49 7121 9463-360
> Fax +49 7121 9463-150
> Transline Deutschland Dr.-Ing. Sturz GmbH
>
> Transline Deutschland ist ein Unternehmen der Sturz Gruppe (www.sturz-gruppe.de)
> Prozessautomatisierung - als Antwort auf die Krise!
>
> http://www.transline.de/prozess-automatisierung
>
> Vereinbaren Sie einen Termin mit uns!
> * http://www.transline-group.com * Ihr Partner für Globale Kommunikation
> * http://www.transline.de * Ihr Partner für Übersetzungen
> * http://www.doculine.com * Ihr Partner für Technische Dokumentation
>
> Am Heilbrunnen 47   *   D-72766 Reutlingen   *   Germany
> Telefon +49 7121 9463-0   *   Fax +49 7121 9463-150
> Skype: translinedeutschland
> Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Sturz
> Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 353333
> VAT ID no. DE 193439222

dagdag is just a two-character rotation of byebye.