[Djigzo users] Customer experience

Martijn Brinkers martijn at djigzo.com
Tue Jul 7 20:32:30 CEST 2009

I'm sorry for the late reply.

 > Since most of our communication partners use OpenPGP and some use
 > S/MIME, I decided to vote for OpenPGP support in Djigzo :-)

The one problem I see with PGP support is that PGP has support for
PGP/MIME and PGP inline. PGP inline is not very scalable because the
gateway has to scan the complete message to see if there are any
---BEGIN PGP... headers. With S/MIME and PGP/MIME the header tells you
whether the message is signed and/or encrypted. Some clients only
support PGP inline whereas some clients only support PGP/MIME.

Do you require both PGP inline and PGP/MIME?

 > It seems the field of free/open source eMail security gateways is
 > relative small compared to client side encryption solutions. On the
 > other hand there are plenty of commercial gateway solutions.
 >
 > So keep up the good work!

I guess there aren't a log of open source implementations because it
requires a lot of work :)

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers