Is there a recommended way to update the appliance other than importing the new appliance
I've done some customization of the Linux OS in the previous appliance and would like
to just install the most current .deb files if that is possible.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:15:41 +0200
Von: Martijn Brinkers <martijn(a)djigzo.com>
An: Users(a)lists.djigzo.com, announce(a)lists.djigzo.com
Betreff: [Djigzo users] Djigzo Gateway 2.1.1 released
A new version of the Djigzo Gateway has been
The new release can be downloaded from:
For notes on upgrading from a previous version of the Djigzo gateway,
see the upgrade guide http://www.djigzo.com/documents/upgrade-guide.pdf
PS. this version is the same as the last release candidate 2.1.1-1 so if
you already installed the release candidate (RC), there is not need
reinstall since the RC version is the same as this final release version.
* Advanced S/MIME setting "Always use freshest signing certificate"
added. If checked, every time the sender needs to sign a message,
the most recent (i.e., the latest "not before" date) signing
certificate will be used (GATEWAY-14).
* Advanced PDF setting "Only encrypt if mandatory" added (GATEWAY-22).
If checked, PDF encryption will only be activated if encryption is
* DLP setting "Quarantine on failed encryption" added. If checked and
encryption is mandatory and a message cannot be encrypted, the
message will be quarantined and not "bounced". Note: this required
minor changes to the "DLP quarantine" template.
* Quarantined emails can now be "released as-is". When a quarantined
email is released as-is, no further processing of the email is done
and the email is immediately delivered.
* The admin can now specify how many rows the grid should show per
page (users, certificates, MTA queue) (GATEWAY-23)
* The admin can now filter for specific email in the MTA queue.
* The MTA logs are now by default shown in "raw" format (i.e., in
exact same order as the log file). To view the MTA logs grouped on
queue ID (the old behavior), the admin should select "Grouped".
* If a certificate chain is valid, the issuer of the certificate in
the certificate view can be clicked to open the issuer certificate
* The BlackBerry and mobile settings are moved to a specialized mobile
settings page. New role ROLE_MOBILE_MANAGER added.
* Some settings are moved to advanced settings.
* New charsets can be added to the PDF encryption module (should be
enabled from the command line) to support charsets not supported
"out of the box" by Acrobat reader. For example certain Turkish
characters are not supported "out of the box" by Acrobat reader
* If a certificate was available for a recipient, a user object was
always created for that recipient. The user is no longer added by
default. A new S/MIME advanced setting "Add user" is added which
can be used to specify whether a user should be added when a
certificate is available for a recipient.
* Djigzo has the capability of adding certain headers to the signed
and or encrypted inner MIME part. This can be used to protect
certain headers (for example the subject). However there are some
S/MIME gateways that cannot handle S/MIME messages with headers
within inner MIME parts (for example Antigen). Because
interoperability is important, the subject header protection
has been disabled by default (GATEWAY-31).
* With S/MIME "strict mode" enabled, S/MIME messages were only handled
by the S/MIME handler if the recipient had a valid certificate with
private key. If a digitally signed message was received for a
recipient not having a private key, the certificates were not
extracted from the message and the signature was not removed when
"Remove signature" was enabled for that recipient. The message is
now always handled by the S/MIME handler. (GATEWAY-27)
* Under certain special conditions, the base64 encoder of Javamail
sometimes created lines with more than 76 characters (only a few
characters extra). OpenSSL (which is used by some S/MIME gateways)
cannot handle base64 encoded parts containing lines longer than 76
characters. Javamail has been updated (GATEWAY-29)
* When deleting a large number of email from the MTA queue, the MTA
queue can no longer be read until the garbage collector has run
Djigzo open source email encryption
Users mailing list
Empfehlen Sie GMX DSL Ihren Freunden und Bekannten und wir
belohnen Sie mit bis zu 50,- Euro!